咨询热线:400-8067-500 微博 微信

在线英语:【英文有声绘本馆】《A Chair for My Mother》妈妈的


每周一,陪孩子一起读英文原版绘本!

美语百分说 —【有声绘本馆第7期】

每周一小口将和大家分享经典英文绘本故事,今天和大家分享的绘本故事曾荣获美国凯迪克童书大奖。本书透过主角小女孩的自述,娓娓诉说一个弱势家庭为梦想奋斗的生活点滴。

blob.png 

突如其来的一场大火,烧毁了家中一切的物品,值得庆幸的是,外婆和心爱的猫咪都安然无恙,一家人能继续在人生的旅途上携手相伴。

好的绘本如同一条藏着砂金的小河,随着故事情节的流动,这里一点,那里一点,慢慢浮现出动人的光彩,且让我们一同细细品味......


My mother works as a waitress in the Blue Tile Diner.

我的妈妈在蓝色瓷砖餐厅当服务员。

After school sometimes I go to meet her there.

放学后,有时我去那里接她。

blob.png 

Then her boss Josephine gives me a job too.

然后她的老板约瑟芬也给了我一份工作。

I wish the salts and peppers and fill the ketchups.

我希望盐和胡椒能填满整个过程。

One time I peeled all the onions for the onion soup.

有一次,我把洋葱汤都削掉了。

When I finish,Josephine says,Good work,honey.and pays me.

当我说完,约瑟芬说:“亲爱的,干的好。”并支付我费用。

And every time,I put half of my money into the jar.

有一次,我把一半的钱放进罐子里。

blob.png 

I takes a long time to fill a jar this big.

我花了很长时间才把这个罐子装满.

Every day when my mother comes home from work,I take down the jar.

每天我妈妈下班回家,我就把罐子拿下来。

My mama empties all her change from tips,out of her purse for me to count.

我妈妈把所有的零钱都从她的钱包里掏出来,让我数数。

Then we push all of the coins into the jar.

然后我们把所有的硬币都推到罐子里。

Sometimes my mama is laughing when she comes home from work.

有时候我妈妈下班回家时会笑。

Sometimes shes so tired she falls asleep,while I count the money out into piles.

有时她太累了,她睡着了,我把钱数到一堆。

Some days she has lots of tips,some days she has only a little.Then she looks worried.

有些日子,她有很多小诀窍,有些日子她只有一点点。然后她看起来忧心忡忡。

But each evening every single shiny coin goes into the jar.

但每天晚上,每一枚闪亮的硬币都进了罐子。

We sit in the kitchen to count the tips.

我们正坐在厨房里数小费。

Usually Grandma sits with us too.While we count,she likes to hum.

通常,奶奶也和我们坐在一起。我们数着,她喜欢哼。

Often she has money in her old leather wallet for us.

她经常在她的旧皮夹里放钱给我们。

Whenever she gets a good bargain on tomatoes or bananas or something she buys, she puts by the savings and they go into the jar.

每当她在番茄、香蕉或她买的东西上讨价还价时,她就会把钱存起来,然后放进罐子里。

When we can't get a single other coin into the jar,we are going to take out all the money and go and buy a chair.

当我们不能把一枚硬币放进罐子里时,我们就会把所有的钱取出来,然后去买一把椅子。

Yes, a chair. A wonderful, beautiful, fat, soft armchair.

是的,一把椅子。一个漂亮的,漂亮的,胖的,柔软的扶手椅。

We will get one covered in velvet with roses all over it.

我们将会得到一件镶有玫瑰花的天鹅绒。

We are going to get the best chair in the whole world.

我们将会得到全世界最好的椅子。

That is because our old chairs burned up.

那是因为我们的旧椅子烧坏了。

There was a big fire in our other house. All our chairs burned.So did our sofa and so did everything else.

我们的另一栋房子里有一场大火。我们所有的椅子烧毁了,我们的沙发也是如此,其他的也是一样。

My mother and I were coming home from buying new shoes.

我妈妈和我买新鞋回家了。

blob.png 

I had new sandals. She had new pumps.We were walking to our house from the bus.

我有新的凉鞋,她有了新的泵。我们从公共汽车上走到我们家。

We were looking at everyone's tulips.

我们看着每个人的郁金香。

She was saying she liked red tulips,and I was saying I liked yellow ones. Then we came to our block.

她说她喜欢红色郁金香,我说我喜欢黄色的郁金香。然后我们来到了我们的街区。

Right outside our house stood two big fire engines.

就在我们家门外站着两个大消防车。

I could see lots of smoke. Tall orange flames came out of the roof.

我能看到很多烟。高高的枯黄色火焰从屋顶上出来了。

All the neighbors stood in a bunch across the street.

所有的邻居都站在街对面。

Mama grabbed my hand and we ran.My uncle Sandy saw us and ran to us.

妈妈抓住我的手,我们跑了。我的叔叔桑迪看见我们,向我们跑去。

Mama yelled, "Where's Mother?" I yelled, "Where's my grandma?"

妈妈喊道:“妈妈在哪?”我喊道,“我的奶奶在哪儿呢?”

My aunt Ida waved and shouted ,"She's here, she's here. She's O.K. Don't worry."Grandma was all right. 

我的姑妈艾达挥手叫道:“她在这里,她在这里。”她很好,别担心,奶奶都是正确的。

Our cat was safe too, though it took a while to find her.

我们的猫也很安全,虽然花了一段时间才找到她。

But everything else in our whole house was spoiled.

但我们家的一切都被破坏了。

What was left of the house was turned to charcoal and ashes.

房子剩下的东西变成了木炭和灰烬。

We went to stay with my mother's sister Aunt Ida and Uncle Sandy.

我们去和群殴母亲的姐姐艾达和桑迪叔叔住在一起。

Then we were able to move into the apartment downstairs.

然后我们就可以搬进楼下的公寓了。

blob.png 

We painted the walls yellow. The floors were all shiny.But the rooms were very empty.

我们把墙漆成黄色,地板都亮了,但房间里空荡荡的。

The first day we moved in,the neighbors brought pizza and cake and ice cream.And they brought a lot of other things too.

我们搬进来的第一天,邻居们带来了披萨、蛋糕和冰激凌,他们也带来了很多其他的东西。

The family across the street brought a table and three kitchen chairs. 

街对面的一家人带了一张桌子和三个厨房椅子。

The very old man next door gave us a bed from when his children were little.

隔壁的老人给了我们一张床,从他的孩子们很小的时候就给了我们一张床。

My other grandpa brought us his beautiful rug. My mother's other sister, Sally, had made us red and white curtains.

我的另一位爷爷给我们带来了他美丽的地毯。我母亲的另一个妹妹莎莉,已经给我们做了红和白的窗帘。

Mama's boss, Josephine, brought pots and pans, silverware and dishes. My cousin brought me her own stuffed bear.

妈妈的老板约瑟芬带来了锅碗瓢盆、银器和盘子。我的表姐给我带来了她自己的玩具熊。

Everyone clapped when my grandma made a speech. 

当我奶奶做演讲时,每个人都鼓掌。

"You are all the kindest people," she said, "and we thank you very, very much. It's lucky we're young and can start all over."

“你们都是最善良的人,”她说,“我们非常非常感谢你们。”“幸运的是,我们还年轻,可以从头开始。”

 

 

英语启蒙离不开多听、多看、多用,有了一定量的积累,英语能力才有可能达到质的飞跃。

每周一,小口都会在这里为孩子们准备一段英文绘本,从点滴开始培养孩子的英语语感,激发孩子学英语的兴趣,坚持一段时间,相信你一定能发现孩子的进步!

 

福利时间

点击关注公众号“美国私塾”免费领取英文绘本

绘本内容包括:经典英文绘本+英文睡前儿歌+英文卡通视频